You just never know what might pop out of my mouth at any given moment. I might be talking about my Indian Ringneck, or Full Time RVing. Maybe I'll be talking about the path to happiness or griping about the state of healthcare or maybe about chronic illness. I have lots to say and sometimes I'm just plain RANDOM.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Ransack... The Quest Begins

Suddenly I appeared in a strange city. All around me were people with weapons, people with hands that glowed brilliant as the light of the sun and people like myself singing tunes and making merry.

I turned to see a shadow move... no... just a trick of the light. Wait! Yes! There in the eaves of a nearby building I could make out a shape of some person skulking around.

Quickly I grabbed my purse and tucked it in under my garments, feeling nervous and unsure.

I wandered the streets wondering where I had appeared. Nothing seemed familiar, and yet I felt at home in this odd place. I felt as if I had found a place where I might belong.

Finally I found a tavern and stepped within, hoping to find someone who could explain where I was, what I should do. I spoke to a priest and he told me I had arrived in a place called Stormreach. 'What an odd name', I thought.

He asked me to complete a task for him. I thought about this interesting venture. He told me that many rewards would be mine if I could achieve his task. I decided I should undertake it and see what this strange land held for me.

I followed his directions to the place in which he had asked me to go and stepped inside. I was immediately faced by a strange metal dog, who did not by any means look friendly. I grasped my quarterstaff tightly and stepped forth to dispatch the creature.

Next thing I knew I was on my back. The creature had spewed some sort of oily substance upon the floor and began chewing on my leg. I stumbled and finally regained some balance, continuing to beat on him, finally succeeding and realizing I would need to be more careful. This quest I had undertaken was not going to be easy but I would succeed.

The task took some time and many stops to heal myself, but in the end I did finally succeed and returned to the priest. He kindly thanked me and offered me the choice of many useful items. I chose a new helm and thanked the man. He told me to seek out others like him and continue my journey, for I had a destiny to fulfill.

I turned and left the tavern and began my new journey, accepting my fate.

Upon leaving the tavern I discovered a posting board with others who were undertaking similar tasks and seeking assistance. Excited to not take this journey alone I requested to join others upon their journey and was accepted into a group of brave souls.

Upon their vests they all wore the same symbol and the word Ransack. I inquired about their garments and they told me of guilds within this realm. Guilds of people who work together for a common goal. Guilds of people who had much knowledge of this realm and were willing to share it. They told me about Ransack and the highly trained members within.

I asked how I might become one of their ranks, and they kindly explained that I needed to gain some experience within the realm and work with them over the course of time to see if I would be a good fit. I asked that they call on me when they could so I might prove my value and they agreed.

Over the next few weeks I worked with this group many times and grew to enjoy their company. I learned and followed. I became a part of their team. Then one day I was asked if I would like to join their ranks and I gladly accepted this kind offer.

Now I proudly display the colors of Ransack, what I have now learned is one of the oldest guilds in the realm and where I have found a welcome home and wonderful friends.

My journey continues and I am proud to have the other members of Ransack by my side upon this mysterious journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment