You just never know what might pop out of my mouth at any given moment. I might be talking about my Indian Ringneck, or Full Time RVing. Maybe I'll be talking about the path to happiness or griping about the state of healthcare or maybe about chronic illness. I have lots to say and sometimes I'm just plain RANDOM.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Dreams Of an Unreal Past


Dreams Of An Unreal Past

 Last night was not reality
Dreams often are not true
The past was different in my mind
These dreams I had of you
The kindness that you gave to me
In this land of wishful things
Was all that I had hoped for
The child within could sing
That shy and frightened little girl
She vanished in this dream
Replaced by confidence and hope
And no more silent screams
This bookish, awkward, little twig
Walked with head held high
No pointing laughing unkind words
At her when she walked by
But in this oddish dream time
She grew not into me
I missed the person that I am
The person I must be
So, though I can never thank you
For the painful memories
I am grateful that who you were
Made me into me




No comments:

Post a Comment