You just never know what might pop out of my mouth at any given moment. I might be talking about my Indian Ringneck, or Full Time RVing. Maybe I'll be talking about the path to happiness or griping about the state of healthcare or maybe about chronic illness. I have lots to say and sometimes I'm just plain RANDOM.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Preparing for what comes next...



I was told today, once again, that John and I have lived such interesting lives. That our lives have been filled with more than most. I was reminded that often others find what John and I have experienced fills them with varying emotions, just as any good story should.

I have been sitting and thinking about this a bit. I know it is time to start trying to put together, at the very least, a collection of articles about our lives. I know it is time to at least start gathering these stories together and think about putting them into some kind of book.

I also realized that I don't want to have 'had' an interesting life. I'm not ready to give it up and call this the end of the story. However I also do not want to continue the way things had been. I'm ready for something new. I'm ready for new adventures and experiences. It's time to move into the next part of our story.

I'm ready to let go of fear and pain and struggle. It's time to experience a different part of life. Right now it feels like we are in a 'limbo' of sorts but that is okay because sometimes it takes time to make a major transition.

I've never done well with these little moments of what feels like limbo. I've never done well with the boredom, depression or emptiness. I wasn't doing well this time either, but I've had this moment of clarity, this moment of peace. I understand that, just as with most things, this is something that needs to happen so we can move on to whatever is next.

I have always believed that everything happens for a reason. This belief is easy to maintain when things are going right but not always easy when things are difficult. I can say it. I can even believe it on some level but over a prolonged period of difficulty the reality is that it begins to sound like a nice dream or fervent wish more than a solid belief.

Life isn't always kind, easy, or even pleasant, but it is simply a journey that we are on and even our difficult moments can be overcome with grace if we remember that life isn't always cruel, difficult or unpleasant either. There are moments when it feels like there isn't anything left for me, like there is nothing left to look forward to, but there is. I may not see it or understand what it is going to be, but I have to remember that it IS out there in the vast unknown.

I know life is short and we need to make the most of every minute that we can, but there are moments when we need to take a rest. Life throws so much at some of us that without these respites we might implode upon ourselves. Often we ourselves are not good at recognizing these moments in time where we need to take a break and so the universe creates situations which make taking a break inevitable and unavoidable. This too falls into 'everything happens for a reason'.

No comments:

Post a Comment