You just never know what might pop out of my mouth at any given moment. I might be talking about my Indian Ringneck, or Full Time RVing. Maybe I'll be talking about the path to happiness or griping about the state of healthcare or maybe about chronic illness. I have lots to say and sometimes I'm just plain RANDOM.

Monday, July 15, 2013

If...


Today I sat and thought about what you might be like today. I pondered your personality, your looks, your being. I realize that you'd be 21 now and have to wonder what you'd be like.

Would you be a writer, painter, spiritual seeker? Would you be in college? Getting married? Have children? Who would your boyfriend be and what would he be like?

As I sat and wondered all these things I realized something. Not only do I have to ponder who you would be but also who we would be. Our whole family changed the moment we lost you. If you were still here not only would you have become whoever you would be today but we would also be different people. Who would we be?

Would your dad still be working as a truck driver? Would we still live in our little trailer in Waldo? Would you all have finished public schools and gone on to college? Who would we all be now if life hadn't changed so much in just that moment in time?

So many years have passed now and I don't suffer every moment like I did in the beginning, but every now and then I just wonder. I wonder how life would be different if.....

1 comment:

  1. That is so sad that she was hit by a driver and killed.Life itself changes in just a few mins of people doing diffrent things in life that change other peoples life for ever! Just somepeople don't think about things before they do things that change people's life they only do what makes them happy at that time in thier life. And by doing that it changes the course of many peoples life forever!

    ReplyDelete