You just never know what might pop out of my mouth at any given moment. I might be talking about my Indian Ringneck, or Full Time RVing. Maybe I'll be talking about the path to happiness or griping about the state of healthcare or maybe about chronic illness. I have lots to say and sometimes I'm just plain RANDOM.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

You’d Be 20


Your birthday is approaching, but you knew that. I had almost forgotten but then I realized it today. My mood is always darker and more difficult around this time. Sometimes I don’t even have to know the time is coming, the mood strikes and I try to figure out why and then I realize.
You’d be 20 this year. Questions fly through my mind like a whirlwind of pain and confusion. What would you be like? What would your boyfriend or girlfriend be like? Would you be going to college? Would all our lives be drastically different?
I miss you with every piece of me. Sometimes I think of your laugh or your smile and it fills me with love and joy. Sometimes the gift of knowing you at all is enough. And then other times I am filled with a pain that is indescribable. There is a hole left in me, an emptiness that simply cannot be explained to someone who has not lost a child.
Our lives are better just because you were in them even for a short time, but you’d be 20 this year and somehow I feel so very robbed by not being able to share that with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment