You just never know what might pop out of my mouth at any given moment. I might be talking about my Indian Ringneck, or Full Time RVing. Maybe I'll be talking about the path to happiness or griping about the state of healthcare or maybe about chronic illness. I have lots to say and sometimes I'm just plain RANDOM.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Karma

This poem was written at a time when we were not doing well ourselves. We were struggling to get by, we had just had a major life change, and I myself was in fear. It occurred to me how many go through similar circumstances. It also occurred to me that often those of us with the ability to assist those in need often turn a blind eye. So I wrote this to remind those who are able to help that it can and often does happen to ANYONE!

Karma

The bitter cold it bites at me
In the darkness of the night
I pray for warmth and shelter
As my dreams go out of sight

Huddled in the corner
Where nobody can see
I fold my hands in prayer
And cry out in agony

My Stomach grumbles loudly
For all who pass to hear
But still nobody see me
And no Angel has appeared

I used to be a rich man
With more than I could spend
But now I know my error
For no help would I lend

And now I join the humbled
The poor and homeless we
Now I, as invisible to you
As these once were to me.


1 comment: