You just never know what might pop out of my mouth at any given moment. I might be talking about my Indian Ringneck, or Full Time RVing. Maybe I'll be talking about the path to happiness or griping about the state of healthcare or maybe about chronic illness. I have lots to say and sometimes I'm just plain RANDOM.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Needing a Break


Needing a Break



I ask for assistance
I need to see good
The world isn't working
The way I thought it would
My body is aching
My spirit is ill
I'm only surviving
Through sheer force of will.
I pray for the strength
To keep moving ahead
I pray for the will
Just to get out of bed
I pray for some mercy
I can handle no more
I pray for the patience
To weather the storm
I'm grateful for those
Who are somehow just there
Who reach out to help
Who show that they care
I'm grateful for kindness
And for caring words
I'm grateful for silence
And feeling I'm heard
I'm grateful for sleep
My body to rest
I'm grateful for love
With which I am blessed
And now a deep breath
Then let it all go
Another step forward
I can make it, I know.

©Tracy Seekins

No comments:

Post a Comment