You just never know what might pop out of my mouth at any given moment. I might be talking about my Indian Ringneck, or Full Time RVing. Maybe I'll be talking about the path to happiness or griping about the state of healthcare or maybe about chronic illness. I have lots to say and sometimes I'm just plain RANDOM.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Angel Convention


I have come to realize or maybe simply accept that there is a reason that we became stuck in this place. The universe seldom throws things at us without there being some reason for it. Maybe I am supposed to meet some of these amazing folks or maybe there is someone here I myself am meant to give some hope back to. Or maybe this is a place where it WILL be possible for us to rest and recuperate  Whatever the reason, I have come to accept it exists and accept that we are meant to be in this place.



I'm no longer as uncomfortable as I was in those first days. Most of the people here have made us feel comfortable and welcome. They don't make us feel like we are less just because we might not have as much or because we are in this stuck situation. Most of them have been in similar circumstances at some point and are truly caring and considerate people to us. Most of them I simply want to hug all the time because they have restored my faith and hope, they have reminded me that there are still good people out there, and they have allowed my stress levels to go down, which is much needed.

There are always one or two in any community who, out of some issue within their own hearts or souls, simply do not wish to see another prosper or who enjoy creating discomfort. I've found my one here but I am able to maneuver myself out of her path most of the time and remain around the more positive folks who are living their lives in joy and who seem to wish others to do the same.

The wonderful people we've met here smile and laugh. They create a sense of joy within the community. They wish to live in peace and therefore do not intentionally create disharmony. I find myself going to the events that they put together as often as I can now, even when not feeling so well, because I am a happier person for having been in their company.

I have to wonder if these "snowbirds" are really a gathering of "Angels on Earth". So many of them have showed us kindnesses both large and small. They have helped us by not only donating to our food funds or bringing over homemade yummies, but also by simply being kind to us. They don't judge, they simply live and enjoy their life and welcome us into being a part of all of it. I think these are some true Angels and they have gathered in this one place for a few months to be together. THIS is the community I sought when we started our RVing adventure and when it is our time to leave here I will truly miss them with all my heart but I will NEVER forget any of them.

Tonight they had an Ice Cream social and a brown bag auction. Basically the auction was little gifts in bags where you could bid up to $3 to win the bag and it's goodies. I didn't think I'd be able to contribute but I found a way. We put in our bag: one of John's paintings, one of my self published books of poetry, and two handcrafted items I had from some crafting things I have around the house. I still felt it wasn't really the best gifts but I hoped it would be enough and that someone would enjoy it.

Our neighbor won the bag. This is a woman who normally would intimidate me simply because of her financial stature in life but she is so kind and sweet that she makes me feel cared for and in no way intimidated. I am so grateful for who she and her husband are because they are helping me learn some things about myself without pain for once. And I'm grateful she won the bag because I think she will enjoy the items.

I'm slowly meeting folks here who I am becoming somewhat close with. They are all amazing in their own special way. They treat us like family, or rather like the kind of family you choose and truly like. I cannot express enough how their small kindnesses are making such a difference in my life. I wish more people lived in such a way.

They seem to leave the judgement behind, leave the drama alone, and live life just to enjoy it and be happy. That makes them some of the most amazing people to me. It's exactly what I need right now and to live among such angels is helping me get back in touch with who I am and who I want to be. It's helping remind me of my path and allow me to regain my own footing.

It won't take long to get back on our feet financially really. December and maybe January will be the hardest but then things should normalize again. Getting back on my feet spiritually, emotionally, and energetically is going to take me a little bit longer or maybe just be a little tougher.

I think that once I get there I will have completed many of the changes I've been recently going through. I feel like the path is beginning to clear of the fog that was once upon it. When the road clears and my strength regains, when I find that change I've been seeking and find myself along the way, it will be in no small part thanks to living amongst angels for the time we are here with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment