You just never know what might pop out of my mouth at any given moment. I might be talking about my Indian Ringneck, or Full Time RVing. Maybe I'll be talking about the path to happiness or griping about the state of healthcare or maybe about chronic illness. I have lots to say and sometimes I'm just plain RANDOM.

Friday, December 21, 2012

Emotional Mess



I’m tired of illness
And tears and pain
I’m tired of mood swings
Tired of blame
I’m sick of myself
This body I’m in
What did I do
That this could happen
I’m sick of this lifetime
I need some relief
Turmoil… Emotions…
Anger and grief
Tired of sitting
Dreaming of life
Tired of turmoil
Tired of strife
Positive thinking
Works only so long
Tired of trying
Dear God what is wrong
Can I find strength
Can I keep moving ahead
Moods change rapidly
Then feeling such dread
One day at a time?
More like one minute to next
I get lost in emotion
Or lost in the text
Struggle for meaning
Words break my brain
Struggle for something
Fight past the pain
One moment a smile
The next there are tears
Will there ever be peace
Without all the fear

By Tracy Seekins

_________________________________

This poem was written during a difficult time. A time when I felt lost and stuck. A time when I felt I couldn't express myself and I felt trapped within. 

We ALL have dark moments but we are never as alone as we think we are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment