You just never know what might pop out of my mouth at any given moment. I might be talking about my Indian Ringneck, or Full Time RVing. Maybe I'll be talking about the path to happiness or griping about the state of healthcare or maybe about chronic illness. I have lots to say and sometimes I'm just plain RANDOM.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

What do you do?


One day I was down at one of the events here at this campground we are currently at and I was asked what I do all day in my camper since they so seldom see me outside.

I was taken aback. First I have never before really been curious what other people do with or in their lives and I was surprised at the question. I didn't answer it very well because I'd never really thought about my life in terms of what I do every day. I just live my life and go with the flow.

The more I thought about it, the more I wondered how other RVers might answer this. So I went to a forum for RVers that I belong to and posted the question. I got a lot of different and wonderful answers. I'll share some of theirs and then I'll share mine.


  • Work (online) and worship the cat pretty much fills our days 

  • Spending time with my family. Sightseeing mostly. Visiting local eateries.
  • We work-camp. Today we covered two campgrounds around the lake and checked each of their fire rings and grills to see which ones needed to be replaced, or reset into the ground.. Before that we went into town and shopped and ate lunch.
  • Hiking, motorcycling, jeeping, sightseeing, hitting Vegas buffets, errands, friends, errands, chores, maintenance, family visits. National Parks and natural areas are big with us. Never bored. My wife loves visiting wineries too.
  • I'm up at about 4am, do bible reading, as the sun comes up I do a 2-3 mile run, back and shower then to a 20 mile bike ride, my wife gets the activity schedule up and running (we are the activity couple at our park), back and do my activities for the park (KJ, DJ, Happy Hour, Ping Pong, Pool, Shuffle board, Peganque tournaments, walk in Movie night, dances, dinners, then go to my rig and watch a little TV and go to bed for the next day.
  • Total outdoors......taking walks, going on hikes, biking, grilling, reading or simply watching the sunrise with your coffee or sunset with your evening cocktail. I also do a lot of crafting. :)
  • I like to jump in the Escalade and see the surrounding neighborhoods, shopping centers, and all the local outdoor functions that are available. I am always striking up conversations with everybody I run into and end up talking about RVs and RVing. My wife likes to complete her cross stitching projects. This is her way to relax and be some what crafty. We also have a Havenese puppy that is pawing at us for attention, he fills that special place in our hearts that only a puppy can fill.


There were many more but I don't want to share them all, as you'd be reading for a long time.

I myself have many things I do but it's almost never the same. I play online games. I write articles. I write poetry, prayers, and short stories. I do a lot of social networking. I watch shows on netflix and youtube. I create videos for youtube. I'm currently working on writing 2 different books. I enjoy crafting. The crafts vary depending on what I have on hand and what I'm in the mood for. I spend a lot of time with my husband talking and snuggling. We enjoy watching movies together sometimes just to snuggle. I also have my dog to take care of and she can take a lot of time some days. Then there's the normal cleaning and daily activities that always need to take place.

RVers do most of the same things anyone does in order to fill their days. Many of them hold full time jobs or work from home. Some are retired or disabled. A few work-camp just to cover basic bills and may have some other income that covers their food and such. But we are all just like other people, the only difference is our homes have wheels. We can move on down the road when we are uncomfortable, unhappy, or can't find work where we are.

So I guess my question would be what do you do to fill your days? What are your hobbies? What do your days look like? If someone asked you this question, how would you answer it?
Leave your answers in the comments and let's share ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment