You just never know what might pop out of my mouth at any given moment. I might be talking about my Indian Ringneck, or Full Time RVing. Maybe I'll be talking about the path to happiness or griping about the state of healthcare or maybe about chronic illness. I have lots to say and sometimes I'm just plain RANDOM.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

A day in the life....


I don't often just write blog posts about Full Time RVing anymore or about my 'day to day' life but I feel the need to tell ya'll about my amazing day.

So right now we are staying at a park with some AMAZING snowbirds AND some AMAZING full timers who actually live in this park year round. You seldom find a park with such a great combination of personalities. Beyond that, during the winter months (snowbird season) there are planned activities 3 - 4 times a week. Things like bingo, karaoke, movie night, pot lucks, game nights, and more.

Last night was Karaoke. John and I decided that would be our date night. I actually even dressed up.
We went there a little early so that we could get our table. When we go there a couple others were already there setting up. One of those was my friend Flo. She asked me if I wanted to go thrift shopping with her in the morning. I JUMPED at the idea of getting out of the park for the day and at spending time with this amazing woman.

So today I got up earlier than usual and Flo was already outside ready to go. We went to all the thrift shops in the area. I didn't find what I really wanted, which was jeans for John and Johnny, but I did get a couple of AWESOME new shirts.

At the end of our trip we stopped at a discount food store and did a little food shopping. I got a lot of good food for us to get us through and possibly it will pull us through the month now. I also picked up a couple of cute items for the "Yankee Swap" event this month.

When I got home the weather was so nice that John and I decided to go for a walk. Then I went out and did a new "Adventures in Full Time RVing" video. While that was rendering that I went outside and called my mother. She and I had a wonderful talk. I am so grateful that we have such a good relationship now. I so appreciate who she is and her love and acceptance.

While I was on the phone with her a young lady here in the park who has a toddler walked by with her little girl. I let my mother go and went for a walk with her and her little one to get to know her a bit better.

When we were almost to her RV, Johnny came running out from another ladies camper. He had been with her most of the day. Apparently she had cooked a turkey and wanted to send some over to our house. He handed me 2 Ziplocs with turkey in them to take home. I excused myself from the young mother and went to thank Johnnies friend.

We stood and talked for a bit. She was yet another super nice lady here in the park and she enjoys Johnnies company so that makes me happy. While we were talking yet another friend came walking by. This was the younger of my friends (17). I excused myself and walked with she and her friend to her camper along my path home.

Again we stood and talked for a bit and then I hugged her goodbye. As I began walking off I was invited in to see the couple with the baby's camper. They showed me around their amazingly clean and beautiful home. I got to visit with the little girl and chat with her parents.

Then I realized it was getting dark. I worried that John might be wondering where I was or worrying about me, as I'd been gone much longer than I had intended. I thanked them and headed back toward our camper. I found my handsome husband sitting at the pavilion. He wasn't worried but he was wondering.

I gave him a rundown of my activities and asked if he wanted to go walking with me. We walked around twice. On our second trip around another of my new friends stopped their car to say hello and chat with us for a minute.

At this point we began talking about the possibility of staying here longer than we originally planned. This is such a true community and there are such amazing people here that we both think this might be the right place for us to stay for a while. We haven't made any final decisions yet but it's definitely become an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment