You just never know what might pop out of my mouth at any given moment. I might be talking about my Indian Ringneck, or Full Time RVing. Maybe I'll be talking about the path to happiness or griping about the state of healthcare or maybe about chronic illness. I have lots to say and sometimes I'm just plain RANDOM.

Friday, January 25, 2013

A Different Full Timer Story


I was recently invited to an interesting event. I was under the impression it would be filled with music and singing, which I always enjoy. However, it wasn't as much music as I had hoped. Either way it was quite interesting and I wanted to share the information with you.

The show was brought to us by the Estell Family. This is a Full Time RVing, Homeschooling, family of 8. Yes I said 8. There aer the 2 parents and 6 children in a 25' RV traveling all over the country spreading their message and supporting their lifestyle with this ministry.

They book events at different places all over the country. Some of these might be churches, retreats, homeschool groups, clubs, and even RV parks or events.

What is their message? Well the Estells are 'Creation Scientists'. They share their message through poetry, song and stories of their own discoveries during their travels.

I personally could not accept all that was shared as my own but a lot of their information was interesting and they share it, mostly, in a fun and entertaining way.

The slides of the different places they've been are simply beautiful. They are very well educated and able to explain many interesting facts during their presentation. They also carry with them fossils and petrified wood that is a real treat to get to look at.

The real saving grace of this family are the kids. They are intelligent, friendly, and pleasant to be around.

Their older daughter has a simply beautiful singing voice and even though I wasn't impressed with the message of at least one of the songs I couldn't help but enjoy the music because of her amazing voice.

 I was fortunate enough after the show to be able to visit with some of the children and ask them some questions about their travels, which is what really interested me. I asked four of them what their favorite place they've been was and they unanimously said Hawaii. The 10 year old was able to share with me a lot of information about Hawaii and the interesting things he saw there.

When I asked them their second favorite place 3 of them said Georgia, which is their home state. I think they are missing it a bit.

I also asked each of them how they liked being homeschooled. The older children were quite happy with it, while the middle and younger kiddo's were about 50/50. They could think of reasons they like it but also reasons they don't. As a used to be homeschooler myself, I understand that. My sons both have had their ups and downs with our homeschooling as well.

I also asked each how they liked traveling. All the kids were a bit 50/50 on this. They miss having a settled home but they really love getting to see all the new places and meeting such interesting people wherever they go.

This family has much more to share with you than just their religious message. They have had such wonderful experiences along their travels that any homeschool group, church, RV park, or other organization can find something within their show to speak to them in some way.

I may not follow their particular spiritual beliefs in the whole but I certainly was impressed by this family and I feel blessed to have met them.

No comments:

Post a Comment