You just never know what might pop out of my mouth at any given moment. I might be talking about my Indian Ringneck, or Full Time RVing. Maybe I'll be talking about the path to happiness or griping about the state of healthcare or maybe about chronic illness. I have lots to say and sometimes I'm just plain RANDOM.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Be You


Be You
Back then I tried so hard to be what others wanted me to be.
It was never enough for anyone including me.
I wanted acceptance and love
crying
And in the wanting found depression and pain
I didn’t understand that I was fine as I was
I didn’t understand that you just needed me to be like you
so that you could be ok too
I thought I was broken
Then one day I freed myself from expectations
I allowed myself to explore who I really was
Then I became ME and it was wonderful
I found love and acceptance
It was within me all the time
And it was around me all the time
I became content and happy
smileye
Releasing the depression of anxiety
Releasing the need to make others happy
While I suffered, not so much in silence.
And now I am ME, and you seem to like it.
Not that it matters what you like because
I am happy and I love who I am.
All I can hope is that you love who you are now too.

No comments:

Post a Comment