You just never know what might pop out of my mouth at any given moment. I might be talking about my Indian Ringneck, or Full Time RVing. Maybe I'll be talking about the path to happiness or griping about the state of healthcare or maybe about chronic illness. I have lots to say and sometimes I'm just plain RANDOM.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Monthly Donation Pledge


My Monthly Donation Pledge

spiritYou know I have spent most of my life giving in any way I can. I have had countless people live with us. We have given financially to friends when the need came up and we were able.
Then one day, our lives changed in such a way that we were in need. We became the ones who needed the help, who needed a hand up. We struggled and often times did not have any help. We were given Angels on Earth who did help and who I am ever so grateful for.
Our struggle is not over but it is far less than some are now experiencing. We are able to support ourselves. We are able to live our lives without fear of starving or losing the roof over our head.
John and I worked hard to make sure that we would not have that fear again and we are still working to not ever have to experience that fear again. Eventually our goal is to own a piece of property and have enough room for people to stay there with us in campers, tents, or even in buildings that will eventually be built.
But that doesn’t help everyone. That only helps those who know us or know about us.
Recently I began a campaign to save my friend’s home. In the process of running this campaign, I had many stories shared with me. So many people are losing their homes right now. So many people are struggling financially. So many people are in need. Sadly I cannot help them all and that causes me great pain.
I cannot keep trying to run campaign’s by myself, so I cannot save every one of them even though I wish I could. I cannot pull money out of thin air, though if I could it would be theirs.
donateWhat I have decided to do is to start looking for worthy causes, charity’s and preferably local people doing benefit’s of some sort every month. Every month I will donate $20 to something worthwhile. That is 1% of my income, well actually it’s 1.5% of our family income but right now it’s all I can do.
The other reason I chose $20 is this. If every single person on my Facebook friends list had donated just $23 dollars to a campaign I ran to assist a friend in need, we would have easily achieved a minor miracle for him. $23 dollars! That’s nothing really. Even when times have been at their worst, I could have scraped that out of my bills to save another, and I probably have. So I thought $20 a month of my money going to causes, benefits, charities or whatever along with the money of others is HUGE. It might seem like a drop of rain in the ocean but every drop brings the ocean that much higher.
It has to start somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment