You just never know what might pop out of my mouth at any given moment. I might be talking about my Indian Ringneck, or Full Time RVing. Maybe I'll be talking about the path to happiness or griping about the state of healthcare or maybe about chronic illness. I have lots to say and sometimes I'm just plain RANDOM.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Experience Your Moments


Experience your Moments

Most of the time we see our lives in terms of what happens next. We make plans for the day or the week or even goals for the year. What we often lose sight of is the moments in between.
Our lives are really made up of little moments. Sometimes you can recapture a moment while looking through old photos. Sometimes that moment might even be a forgotten moment that will bring a smile when remembered. The question is were you really there during that moment?
How often do you walk past your spouse and give them a kiss while you are thinking about what you need to do next? How many times have you hugged your child while doing the bills in your head? When you fed your pet today were you thinking about your pet or something else?
Moments are what our lives are all about. Sometimes the moments are painful or sad and other times they are joyful and exciting but most of the time they are just moments. However, even the smallest moments, when experienced completely, can bring a moment of joy.
Today when I kiss my husband I plan to be in that moment and not thinking of anything else but the kiss. Today when I talk with my son I plan to be in that moment and not think of anything but the conversation and my son.
Today I will stop what I’m doing or thinking to enjoy the moments that are passing me by. Even when the annoying mosquito bites me I will take that moment to enjoy killing it. Ok so that sounds funny but I want to experience every moment today.
I may even try to simply be in the moment while I make yet another frustrating attempt to reach a government office I need to get in touch with.
In experiencing each of those moments that will also mean letting go of the moment before. So my plan here is that after the rotten little mosquito bites me, I’ll go kiss my husband. After the frustrating phone calls, I’ll listen to a song I love. In doing that I may experience some not so joyful moments but I will follow them with moments I can just enjoy and forget the moment before.
In many religions you will find the concept of being fully “there” in the moments of your life. Today this will be my goal. It may not become a habit by doing it for one day but if I do it for one day I’ll understand more fully what it means to achieve this. In the future I can set the goal to do it again and then another time. Eventually it will become a habit and I will experience my life more fully.
Experiencing the moments also leads to having a more realistic perception of reality. It helps to balance the energies of the body or chakras. It helps to clear the emotional baggage that we often let build and that helps our bodies to be more healthy.
So today I will live in my moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment