You just never know what might pop out of my mouth at any given moment. I might be talking about my Indian Ringneck, or Full Time RVing. Maybe I'll be talking about the path to happiness or griping about the state of healthcare or maybe about chronic illness. I have lots to say and sometimes I'm just plain RANDOM.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Tears!


As I sit here watching the Raid on Occupy San Diego, I cannot help but cry.
So many of these kids are the age of my children. Many are the age my daughter would be. They are so strong. They are supporting our 1st amendment rights.
Even if you don’t support the “causes” of the movement, you have to support their bravery of practicing our 1st amendment rights.
And to watch the violence of the police, the aggressiveness with which they execute these raids, is so sad. Tears roll down my cheeks as I watch in shock and horror. Tears for the brave young men and women who are doing what they believe in peacefully. Tears for the police who think they are doing right but are so aggressive. Tears for our country.
Let us remember this. The first amendment gives Freedom of Religion, Press, & Expression. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

No comments:

Post a Comment